Ficus elastica, also known as the rubber fig, rubber bush, rubber tree, rubber plant, or Indian rubber bush, Indian rubber tree is known for its stunning, dark burgundy, glossy leaves. Native to the tropics of Southeast Asia, these plants can get rather large. However, grown in a pot and indoors, they will grow slower. The Rubber plant gained its name due to their sap and rubbery appearance. Its sap is sometimes used to make rubber. These plants prefer bright indirect light and temperatures above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Has been known to be an excellent air purifier
- Bold, dark, exotic foliage
- Hardy and easy to care for
- Provides a tropical accent to nearly any well-lit area
- Can grow tall or pruned to preferred size